Adding a new subdomain on Netlify
I hosted 2 sites with a custom domain on Netlify, it’s been such a great experience, but I wanted to add a subdomain and sometimes, it just doesn’t work. So here it is, the list.
- Make a new branch, we can call it
- Change a bit of the content on the
- Go to domain settings on the Netlify dashboard
- Add the branch name manually to the branch subdomains box
- Click trigger deploy
- Change a bit of the content on the local and then push it to the
- Wait for about 5-30 mins
I won’t go into details, but this works. I searched the web for steps but most of them didn’t work for me.
If you do know that’s there’s a better way than this, open an issue on the
djoernal repository to help improve the content.