Reflection on 2019
I didn’t set a new year resolution last year and slept throughout the new year’s eve. And I ended up doing a lot of things that I’ve really enjoyed this year.
Here’s a list of them:
- Shipped one product, though I try to distance myself from maker culture now
- Went to a Machine Learning Summer School and met many cool people
- Stayed at 4 cities in China, 2 cities in Indonesia, and 1 in Singapore
- Got contracted as a remote software engineer
- Got two internship offers, did one internship
- Abstained from cultural activities, loved it
- Went to a lot of tech meet-ups
- Biked and exercised regularly
- Went to 1 concert
- Gave a talk
- Won a CTF
I might’ve done more, but this is speaking from my memory and the photos I’ve taken.
I’ll try to take more photos of my surroundings, and write more from now on. I’ve tried to express myself more vividly and it seems to have helped me come over some of my anxieties.
Then again, shouldn’t my new year be celebrated on my birthday? One could argue that the current year is 12020, is it not?